Sunday, February 14, 2010

Scrappy Valentine Gift for My Kids...

I used to play a Valentine Compliment Game when I taught school every year with my class. I would write every student's name on a die-cut heart and we would sit in a circle. Each student would a draw out a heart. They would then give the child whose name they drew a personal compliment... so when I saw these little scrapbooks for $2.00 at Big Lots- I knew I wanted to bring this concept home! I used the $1 pack of papers from Target and left over pieces from old projects. Here is Mike's title and dedication page...
So every Valentine Day Adam and I will write each child a compliment and I hope on putting a small picture of the day in there, too.
Mike's compliments from this year.
The book has 15 or so pages- so I think it will be nice for them to have during those teenage years!
I made the pages super simple- so it took about 1/2 an hour for each book.... well ten minutes here and there over the last three days.
Adelyn's title and dedication page.
Adelyn's compliments for this year. Maybe next year Mike will catch the concept and I can be his scribe for him to give Adelyn a compliment, too.
A few more page examples!

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this idea. What a treasure to have to look back on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this idea. It is precious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg! what a wonderful idea. i think it will be especially effective when they can go back and read all the entries. it can't help but make them feel special.
    hugs!
    aunt h

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweet compliments and a great book to have!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of giving your kids compliments and recording them! THey will cherish these as they get older!

    ReplyDelete

Let's go make something,

Kristy

Our Favorite Things