Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Homemade Pumpkin Coffee Creamer

It just happens to be the start of my very favorite time of year, which means it is time for one of my very favorite guilty pleasures... pumpkin coffee creamer!
Lucky me, stumbled upon this wonderful organic cooking blog, Deliciously Organic who happens to have several recipes for making your very own creamer. We have already made 3 batches of this stuff... mmmm... fall heaven in a jar!
Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer
1cup of organic whole milk
1cup of organic heavy whipping cream
3 tablespoons of organic pumpkin puree (I used 4-ha!)
1 teaspoon of pumpkin spice
4 table Maple Syrup (I prefer pretty high quality you can taste the difference) 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
(I also added 1 teaspoon of cinnamon)
Whisk milk, cream, pumpkin, syrup, and pumpkin spice together over medium heat. When it gets steamy remove from heat and add in the vanilla. Use a strainer to transfer the cream into a kar or pitcher... do not skip this step, trust me. I used a recycled frapachino bottle! Let it cool down and chill it the refrigerator. We have found that the flavor is stronger the next day. Another hint... the site suggests making a double batch but refrain for being as eager as we were-lol... one batch it makes a ton and it is so easy why not just make if fresh every few days.
Some other flavors on the site include... peppermint mocha, cinnamon strudel, and chocolate almond. Now, if that doesn't start you day off right, I am just not sure what would!! ”works

Let's go make something,

Kristy

Our Favorite Things