Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Indoor Snowball Fight!

I saw this super fun idea in a catalogue... check it out HERE. I loved the idea, but knew I could make my own version for a couple of dollars... I could not have made it at a better time, as it just got really, really cold here and the kids and I are somewhat trapped inside (I know us silly Texans right?) and making forts has been a big past time for us... now we make two forts pick teams and throw fake snow balls at each other!
I had this empty paint can (you can get them...never used at Home Depot for $3), but you can use a coffee can or baby formula can. I covered it in wrapping paper, printed out the title, and added some tulle to the handle just to make it pretty. I think it could be fun to let the kids decorate it, too!
Next I made 8 large pom poms... if you don't know how to do this there are lots of tutorials on line... HERE is a pretty short one. Mine are 5 inches and made with thick sparkly yarn that I found on clearance at Hob Lob. All in all, I made mine for $3!! I also think this could be a super fun neighbor gift! Todays Creative BlogSomewhat SimpleA Crafty Soireebutton Fun Stuff FridaysFor the Kids Friday

Let's go make something,

Kristy

Our Favorite Things