Monday, August 22, 2011

Tostada Night & My Menu

We have been doing a Family Pizza Night on Fridays for awhile and the kids really like it, so a few days back we were going to have tacos and I had the wild idea of making them tostadas instead. I piled all the toppings on the table and let the kids build there own... spills and all!
My taco meat is 1/2 organic beef and 1/2 turkey, which saves a few organic pennies! I also add in the black beans because I love them and the kids eat more when they are mixed in.
This lazy- susan makes it easy for everyone to get to what they need and these hard, chunky bowls not only look festive, but are perfect for little hands.
Mike jumped in and even wanted to make my tostada for me!
Addy is very serious about her food, but with a little help from daddy she was happy with her results.
Of course everything tastes better with four bows, three clippies, and a headband on your head, right?
Monday: bbq baked chicken & corn
Tuesday: Chicken Salad (Addy's Dance recital)
Wednesday: tostadas
Thursday: Steak Stir Fry
Friday: Family Pizza
Saturday: Out
Sunday: Lemon Roasted Chicken

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! And Yes, all the hair accessories definitely make it taste even better. If Addy and Sophia ever get together, there could definitely be a brawl over hair accessories. I need a lazy Susan and some cool serving bowls. Crate and Barrel, here I come!

    ReplyDelete

Let's go make something,

Kristy

Our Favorite Things