Sunday, July 24, 2011

Alphabet Soup

One of the very first things I wanted to re-instate in the new house was cooking with Mike... and now Addy, too! We love Barney's Alphabet soup song and making a pot has been on Mike's To-Do list for awhile. I started by boiling the ABC pasta in chicken broth, while Mike used his kid safety knife
to dice up some ham. Addy pretty much ate the ham as fast as Mike could cut, but it all worked out in the end!
It is so much fun watching them proudly eat what they made... veggies and all!
And let's not forget learning a bit, too.
Alphabet Soup
  • 3 cups chicken broth
  • 3 cups of water
  • 1 pkg of ABC pasta
  • 1 can of mixed veggies
  • 1 to 2 cups of diced pre- cooked turkey ham
Boil pasta in chicken broth per package directions. Turn stove to low and add in drained can of veggies and ham. Let simmer for 5 minutes. When reheating soup add more water or chicken broth to pot.

5 comments:

  1. YUMMM!!!!! Sounds easy enough. I'll have to try it. Looks like Mike and Addy enjoyed it too! And what a great kitchen to cook in!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, more Chef Boy-AR-Fey! Now there is a Chef Girl-AR-Fey too, twice the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see you are back online! Your new house is gorgeous! Question - where did you get a safety knife for your kids? We need that at our house!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!!! :) I will definately have to try this with my son TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura, the safety knife came in a set (now just one left) I bought them from Pampered Chef 14 years ago... lol my first year of teaching when teachers had time to cook with their kids. Let me see if I can find some...

    ReplyDelete

Let's go make something,

Kristy

Our Favorite Things