Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

The kids and I headed out to our play group's St. Patrick's Day party and craft time. I brought this cute rainbow fruit tray... too bad my solid serving piece was in storage! I forgot the pineapple at the store for yellow, but the nectarine worked. And blueberries are pricey these days, so I went for the more affordable black berry... shhh, don't tell Mike their real name!
Mommy did not get a chance to make tee-shirts this year, but at least we didn't get pinched!
So, my baby now sports pigtails... I think that means she simply is not a baby anymore. (sigh) I am having fun making smaller piggie bows, though!
Our craft today was pasta shamrocks... Mike was really into it. He kinda surprised me on how well he glues. Ya know, "dot, dot... not a lot"
See... she is such a little girl now! I am so very grateful for all the extra time we have had together... it really is true what they say... you know, "they grow up fast". She will be working on her college applications before I know it!

5 comments:

  1. I love the rainbow of fruit!!! Good job with your substitutions. And I know what you mean. It's like one day you look at them and they're not a baby anymore. :( But that's okay. At least they're not teenagers yet. Now that SCARES me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun. I love Addy's little look and the rainbow turned out great- should have planned that as my park playdate snack... MAN! Next year. Happy Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! they must have had a great playdate/craft time. addie always looks so serious. is she that way in person?
    hugs!
    aunt h

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great rainbow- gosh, I am such an underachiever. I thought I was doing good with our visit from the leprechaun... Oh, well, more ideas for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the St Patrick's Day stuff, especially the rainbow! Great job!

    Rebecca@RootsAndWingsCo

    ReplyDelete

Let's go make something,

Kristy

Our Favorite Things