Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Little Fall Sewing

I have been sewing a lot this month. It is very motivating to be able to keep the sewing machine out... it stares at you saying "Use Me! You Need the Practice!" Here is Mike's Halloween shirt... I must say it is my favorite one yet! There are so many cute girly ideas, but this one is all boy!
I hand stitched this cute onesie for my littlest pumpkin. And used last years Moda charm pack to make my first skirt. Check out The Merry Church Mose tutorial. To be honest, it was harder than I thought, but we know I am not the world's most talented seamstress!
Some Halloween scraps made this fun tea towel... now this one was easier!
Now to finish costumes and prep for Addy's big first birthday bash!
Whimsy Couture

6 comments:

  1. Good for you! I should be sewing too... Emily is totally NOT decked out for Halloween this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristy Fey! That skirt is to die for, and I am not kidding!!! I absolutely love, love, love it! And Mikey's shirt and your cute Halloween towel just made me pout even more that I don't have the space to be crafty. To be honest, I don't think I'd attempt the shirt, but I could maybe pull off the hand towel. Maybe.
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of it!!!!! That skirt is so awesome! And you're right, there are so many cute girly shirt ideas but very few for boys. Good job! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The skirt looks so cute!! Love it! The tea towel is more my skill level - I might have to try it! You are so talented! I also loved Mike's shirt - did you have a pattern for the Frankenstein? Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the skirt of course but Mikey's Frankenstein shirt takes the cake!!! THE BEST! LOVE LOVE LOVE it and if I had a boy or even a tomboyish girl I would totally pay you to make me one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do not have the Frankie pattern I kinda just did it from a shirt I saw, but you could print a big copy of my picture and trace it... maybe? I use a lot of clip art for patterns or ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Let's go make something,

Kristy

Our Favorite Things