Thursday, October 21, 2010

Halloween Fun For Kids

The kids and I have been having a little Halloween fun on the cheap these days. I made them a little book with all of our favorite songs, poems, and finger plays. I bought the book in Target's dollar section and added some glitter and stamps to the cover. Then, I printed the songs and poems from the net and added clip artor stickers.
Most of the poems came from Kid N Kaboodle... because this lady had all the good ones!
It took me three nap times to make it... I did not over think it at all, just cut and glued! I tried to get Mikey to help me, but he was not into the making of the book, just the reading!
In the classroom I did this on index cards and ringed them together- so that would work or I am thinking for Christmas I will use one of those cheap little plastic photo albums.
While looking for the poems I stumbled on the best kids printable website called Billy Bear 4 Kids. I made several games and color sheets. Like memory, mazes, counting books, and dominos. Plus, they have a Frankenstein paper doll printable, pumpkin necklace, and puppets!
At the scrapbook convention, I bought this sheet of paper dolls made by Memory Markers. You can... of course get it from Two Peas HERE. It is not finished and I bet it won't be until next year, but my plans are to make it magnetic with a cookie sheet.
Mike's favorite is the counting book game... I think he is gonna be a 'mathie'. I just assumed both of my kids, because of my passion would be 'launguage lovers' but this kids is really good with numbers and puzzles.

Let's go make something,

Kristy

Our Favorite Things