Monday, October 11, 2010

Crockpot Applesauce- Yum!

This weekend we made Crockpot Applesauce. It was very yummy, easy to make, and made the whole house smell like fall! The best part for me, was that everyone helped... even daddy! (Plus he got pics of mommy! and that just never happens around here)
Peel, core, and thinly slice eight apples. We used Organic Galas. Throw them in the crockpot with 1/2 C of water on high for six to eight hours. I also threw in two cinnamon sticks for fragrance! By the way, you do not have to be in your pjs, without a lick of make-up, and your hairs tied up in a sloppy bun... that was my special early morning touch!
After about six hours, stir in 3/4 C of Organic Brown sugar and 1/2 t of pumpkin pie spice. Let cook for 30 more minutes. I had mine plain and it was wonderful. Adam put his over vanilla ice cream and thanked me four times for making it... no kidding four times!
The only bad part was... it did not last long. I was hoping to have some for the kids snacks this week, but looks like we will have to make it again.

3 comments:

  1. Yum... similar to how I made it in my classroom but only added cinnamon. It does smell divine - makes me want to make some this weekend. The good news for me? Emily doesn't really like applesauce. That is also the bad news around here though since it is such an easy treat. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm - it looks great! I like anything you can do in a crock pot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I'm definitely going to try this. Sophia LOVES applesauce.

    ReplyDelete

Let's go make something,

Kristy

Our Favorite Things