Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Cheap and Easy Halloween

As most of you know, we are currently living at my MIL's house in San Antonio, while our house sells in fort Worth. We spend most of our time in the upstairs living room that is functional, yet bland and boring. This on top of the fact that all of our fun Halloween stuff is packed away in storage and my three year old is more excited than ever about Halloween led me to improvise some fun and inexpensive decorations. I am sure there is a true name for these things... but Mikey calls them "fun rounds".
Pretty simple, but sure gets the job done.
One sheet of 12x12, double sided Halloween paper and a bit of trimming is all you need. I think my five year old niece would have loved to help fold these... they are so fun and simple!
I also used all of my left over fabric from last years Halloween pillowcases to make my first fabric banner.
And girls, it was as easy as all the bloggers swear they are! Oh, and our super great glitter pumpkins came from HEB, 5 for $1.50!
I have a few more Halloween things to post, but I figured these were so easy and you just might have the stuff laying around already!

2 comments:

  1. I love the banner! I'll have to try and make one too. I'm wanting to make a Halloween advent calendar after seeing the $60 Pottery Barn version. But can't decide how to get started. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun fun! We don't have any Halloween spirit around here... maybe soon now that I have seen your fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Let's go make something,

Kristy

Our Favorite Things