Sunday, August 8, 2010

Farmer's Market Salad

I found a local farmer's market open every Sunday just around the corner of my new city! Can you believe I was able to get the basket of 5 herbs for $15. I was so happy because I had to leave behind my herb garden in the move and I was missing it dearly. Plus, check out the tub of fresh feta... and yes, girls it tastes as good as it sounds. I could eat the whole tub with my hands if nobody was looking! But I did not do that (Adam was watching) So I made this yummy salad instead...
Cucumber, Tomato, and Feta Salad
2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes
2 cucumbers
1/4 of a red onion
As much feta as you like
olive oil
fresh basil
I used a covered container to mix and store the salad. Slice tomatoes in half, slice and quarter cucumbers, thinly slice the red onion, and add to the container. Drop in your feta, drizzle on the EVOO, and chop and sprinkle with the basil. Give it a good shake and stick it in the fridge for 30 min or an hour.
This is such a yummy summer treat. I am currently trying the low- carb life style and... are you ready... I like it! I don't miss the pasta or bread... PLUS I have lost about 15 pounds in four weeks!

5 comments:

  1. i read where a low carb diet would be good for me but i love pasta and not meat so i don't know. but 15 lbs in 4 weeks sure sounds good. and so does your salad.. it looks wonderful. perfect for summer.
    hugs!
    aunt h

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your low carb success! That is great! Your salad looks delish too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Kristy! That's amazing on your weight loss! And the salad looks yummy. I love feta cheese too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good-you can make this salad for us when you are here. How is you herb basket growning? Wonder how big the rugala(sp)gets? I don't care for it but know you do. I use baby spinach. See ya in a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic job on the weight loss- that's amazing! I don't know if I could do no or low carb - I'm so glad it's working out for you. That salad does look really great...I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Let's go make something,

Kristy

Our Favorite Things