Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

For My Favorite Mom...
A Sonnet for My Incomparable Mother
I often contemplate my childhood, Mom.
I am a mother now, and so I know
Hard work is mixed together with the fun;
You learned that when you raised me long ago.
I think of all the things you gave to me:
Sacrifice, devotion, love and tears,
Your heart, your mind, your energy and soul--
All these you spent on me throughout the years.
You loved me with a never-failing love
You gave me strength and sweet security,
And then you did the hardest thing of all:
You let me separate and set me free.
Every day, I try my best to be
A mother like the mom you were to me.
By Joanna Fuchs
**Apologies for the yucky picture quality... hope to get a new scanner soon!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Happy Mother's Day to you and your mom! Good to see you blogging again here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kristy,this is beautiful. Can't believe you came up with those pictures. And posting this after all the traveling you did this weekend. Happy Mother's Day to you as well! We had a great teacher in Nana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE all the old pics. Such a sweet post! Happy Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful tribute to your mom.
    hugs,
    aunt h

    ReplyDelete

Let's go make something,

Kristy

Our Favorite Things