Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring Break Catch Up

This post is for our Lala, who was going to spend Spring Break with us, but instead spent it battling pneumonia. I hope these pictures bring her a little joy while she recovers. She sure was missed! SUNDAY: Adan was just as excited as the kids and I were for Spring Break to be here. For him it meant sleeping in a little, drinking coffee slowly and quietly while he watches the news, not washing bottles, and lots of good home cooking! and when I saw this Baby Blues comic strip, it really hit home!
MONDAY: The kids went to school and mommy ran errands. Addy also began her love hate relationship with the Bumbo. She loves the view from sitting up, but she can't reach everything her little heart desires and that... well, frankly it pisses her off!
TUESDAY: Aww, it was a lazy day... rattles, trains, and movies! My little couch potatoes!
WEDNESDAY: The kids went back to school for their St. Patty's Day fun and Mommy scrap booked! (more on that in a later post) Oh, and we decorated cookies!
THURSDAY: What a beautiful day... we spent all morning at the park and all afternoon starting our garden... sunflowers, peppers, and watermelon seedlings.
FRIDAY: We took Daddy to the park to see the bridge (and the poop), find sticks (and more poop), and have another pic-nic.
SATURDAY: The boys had plans to camp in the backyard, but the weather was too cold, so they camped in the front living room!
SUNDAY: Mike continued to enjoy the tent. The girls went out in the snow and bought new spring clothes, and we ended our week with a family sing along! (Notice Adelyn almost sitting up... she is so close!)
Now, the count down to summer begins!
Oh, and yes Mike is wearing the same Thomas the Train shirt 3 days otta the week.

8 comments:

  1. Hope Lala is feeling better! I love Baby Blues although I hardly ever read it (it always seemed like one I could relate to) and the pics of the kids are great. I love the couch potatoes, pissed off Addy, and naked? sing along. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post! I absolutely love the tent in the living room and the family sing-a-long! Could I pay you to make one of those adorable fake tie t-shirts for Atticus...pleeeeeease? Please don't say it's so easy I could do it myself. That will never happen. Pleeeeeeeease???
    I hope your mom feels better soon!
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where do I start? First of all I haven't seen that comic strip before- hilarious! I love that he has red hair too! I love love Adelyn being pissed off in the bumbo- greatness! Cute campout with Daddy and congratulations little sis on almost sitting up.

    One more thing... you should bring your scrapbook/s (if you think of it) to Erin's craft night! I want to see them/ need inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, please. I need inspiration too.

    Looks like a great week. Sophia too hated the bumbo because she felt too constricted. But the pictures of her in it are too darn cute!

    We've got to get planting too. Another thing on my to do list.

    Can I just say that Addy has the cutest little chubby cheeks!!!

    And GREAT idea on the camp out. Sorry it didn't work out as planned but maybe for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok...i have to admit, i'm feeling a little left out. what about me!!!! i've been to your spring break extravaganzas, i couldn't come this year becuase i had surgery and am still mostly in bed feeling sorry for myself....well, now that that's out, it looks like you had a fun and restfull week. your ideas were great..wonderful family time activities.
    hugs!
    aunt h

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course they are for you, too. and I have happy mail to send ya, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. my 1st day back on puter. Love all the pics if grandbabies, /addy is getting sooo bigg. Luv too all of you. Wish i could give everyone xoxo. sweet dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry to hear your mom is sick - I hope she's feeling better soon! It looks like a great vacation - and little mommy time and a lot of kiddo time! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Let's go make something,

Kristy

Our Favorite Things