Saturday, March 20, 2010

Memory Game

I saw this project on Martha Stewart while on maternity leave and knew I wanted to make it. The wooden box was at Joanne's for $3 and the wooden squares were less than that. So I am thinking it is about a $5 if you use old paper like I did or $7 if you need paper or ModgePodge.
I made wallet size copies of the photos from Walgreens. You end up with an extra set of pictures so you can make two games... maybe one for cousins.
We keep all of our scrapbooks in the front room and about twice a month we pile in there after dinner and look at all the memories, so this game will be added to the shelf. It really is perfect since our family lives so far away and Mike is the perfect age for simple games.

6 comments:

  1. GO MARTHA [and Kristy]!!!! What a great idea-how 'bout a family baby gift too? Instant heirloom, love that it is wooden! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool idea! Especially since part of our family lives in New York and N. Carolina. I think I'm gonna make it. Thanks Kristy! Yet another project to dad to my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. another special project. you are too much!
    hugs,aunt h

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! Going on the to-make list. Maybe I WILL craft at craft night!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so good! I need to get on that one, love it!

    ReplyDelete

Let's go make something,

Kristy

Our Favorite Things