Thursday, August 27, 2009

Calling all cheap mamas!

Take a guess on how much these twelve summer outfits cost me for Adelyn... I will tell you that if I had paid regular price it would have been $170 w/0 tax, but we know I am much smarter than that! Yup... $38 and that is with tax! At this point I am sure you are headed to JC Penny! I shopped there this time last year and bought a big pile of summer clothes for Mike, but sadly the 3T selection for boys was already gone...boo! hiss! Some of the separates were just $1.99!! I recommend not taking a kiddo with you... even with an Aunt Annie's pretzel and Cheery Slurpee, it took too much time to dig through the racks and piles of clothes for Mike to handle. Luckily, Adam was on his way home from work and swung by the mall to get him so I could stock up... all for the love of cheap parenting!

6 comments:

  1. Remeber how we would visit "CLARANCE" at the stores when you were younger. Luv ya, LaLa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! I think you did a little better than me but I stocked up at Children's Place and got 55% off everything for next summer. With $5 shipping (no matter how much you buy) it is worth doing it in the comfort of your own home and having good size selection. Next year I will have to hit up JCP though!
    ~Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you!! I wish I could shop for Sophia like that but she's so unpredictable. At 14 1/2 months she's wearing a 2T. I was having trouble deciding on what Halloween shir to buy her, much less, what clothes for next year.....Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not really. Lucky for me Mike has always been pretty true to his size matching hs age... I think we may have to start buying slimpants, but for te most part he has been easy. Maybe you could by a few 2T from the sale for spring and then wait and see. Plus, you will get birthday clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to check out childrens place for Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Childrens Place had a few shorts left in mike's size for $3.99 Plus if you enter the code FAMILY79 ou get another %15 off! So I got him 3 pair of shorts a collared short sleeve and a long sleave tee for $19 so $26 with tax and shipng.

    ReplyDelete

Let's go make something,

Kristy

Our Favorite Things