Friday, August 28, 2009

Yummy Creamy Chicken

Chicken in Creamy Pan Sauce
We really like this recipe and it has been in our top picks for awhile now. If you have not already subscribed to the free Food & Family magazine from Kraft... hurry up and do it! Their holiday issue is my very fave. It is full of fun and easy recipes. 4 boneless chicken breasts
2 T flour
1 T EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) 3/4 cups fat free reduced sodium chicken broth
4 oz. cream cheese, cubed
1 C cherry tomatoes (I used Roma because it is what I had)
2 T fresh basil (I used Italian seasoning because I killed my beloved basil plant)
  1. Place chicken in large baggie with flour. Shake until chicken is coated with flour.
  2. Heat oil in a skillet. Add chicken and cook 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove chicken, but keep drippings.
  3. Add broth and stir with a wooden spoon to scrap up the yummy drippings.
  4. Add cream cheese and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until cream cheese is melted and sauce is thicken. Stir constantly with wire whisk.
  5. Return chicken to skillet and coat in cream sauce for 2 minutes or until it is heated through.
  6. Transfer to serving platter. Top with tomatoes, pour on cream sauce, and add basil.

** You could also top it with bacon, Parmesan, spinach, or other yummy stuff!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, that sounds yummy! I just printed out a copy and I'm putting it in my 30 recipes. THANKS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let's go make something,

Kristy

Our Favorite Things