Monday, July 27, 2009

Mike's Big Boy Room

We are just about done with Mike's new room. I sill have some art I need to finish for over his bed, something to display his art work, a lamp, and I did mess up a little mirror so I need to get a new one, but I feel pretty happy with it! The dresser is my favorite. I should have done a before picture- it was wood and purple, what a difference a new paint job will make!
I love seeing my baby's pictures all lined up- time sure flies! This is an old hat rack my mom found for 25 cents at a yard sale. Mike is into hats these days and can even hang up his little back pack.
Would you believe one of my schools was going to put this kitchen set in the trash!! My little chef scored big here and will pass this on to baby sister in a year or so. I will add another one of these Ikea shelves and maybe a little table soon. Oh, i should have taken a picture of the closet-ha! That was the biggest chore... from guest storage (okay junk) closet to organized big boy closet!

4 comments:

  1. Love the dresser too! You did a great job on everything. What a lucky boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job! I love it! I love the hat rack too. Jane has like a million hats- she could totally use one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, I love the dresser!
    ~Allison

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's adorable! Mike is a lucky boy!

    ReplyDelete

Let's go make something,

Kristy

Our Favorite Things