Friday, July 27, 2012

Upcycled Vases


Thanks to my mom I have quite the collection of
empty and clean Frappuccino bottles.
I just love there shape and their price... free!

A few weeks back I wanted to combine a few of my favorite trends...
burlap, numbers, and up-cycling...
and these darling vases are the result.

 For #2 I Modge Modged small, torn pieces from
 my old copy of Eat, Pray, Love all over the bottle.
Then added a burlap band and traced the number with a sharpie!


For #7 I covered a wooden tag with burlap
and again traced the number with a sharpie. 
Next I hot glued a vintage button and
tied the tag on with black string. 
PS... We are loving our rose bushes this summer...
I love having fresh flowers sprinkled around my house!


#4 was just the burlap band with the traced number and
then is old fabric flower with a not so vintage button in the center!

That sat on a little cabinet in my living room for a few days,
but quickly found a home by my kitchen sink...
they make me happy while loading the dishwasher
 and that's a tough job for old Frappuccino bottles, right?

  • Pin It

    5 comments:

    1. I like those bottles too! I better convince someone to start drinking them for me. ;)

      ReplyDelete
    2. These are really cute. I think I like the middle one best, but they're all lovely.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Super cute! Love all the textures!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Those look so cute! The newspaper looking one is my favorite!

      ReplyDelete
    5. As you know I love all three! My favorite is the torn paper. Glad they make you happy! I have tons more.

      ReplyDelete

    Let's go make something,

    Kristy

    Our Favorite Things