Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First Day

I think we are the last ones to start school this year, but it was worth the wait! The weather was perfect and Mike (and mommy) had plenty of time to prepare for the big day! Mike will be going to preschool two days a week from 9 to 2. It is bitter sweet for me... I will miss him and feel sad he is getting so close to 'real' school, but I know he needs to build relationships, mature, and get all those pre-reading skills down before next year.
He was thrilled... thrilled with his shark backpack, thrilled to bring a lunch, thrilled with his new clothes, and most thrilling of all... FRIENDS!
We found 'THE' backpack at the Pottery Barn Outlet (yup, 20 minutes from our new house- come visit!) It caught me by surprise how much I under estimated Mike going to school would effect Addy. When we were taking pictures she ran and got her (empty) lunch box and wanted to sit by Mike for pictures. My favorite pic... it just screams first day of school. Poor kiddo with all the poses! Aw, Addy trying to get in the picture and be like her big brother. I am going to miss this kid all day today... who will tell me poop jokes, fetch diapers, and keep sister in line. I do know his teachers are lucky ladies!

3 comments:

  1. Aww. Kinda making me tear up! Have a great day and year Mikey!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, the photo of Mikey and Addy looking at each other and holding their lunch boxes...way too sweet! Please frame that one...it says so much. Happy first day of school, Mikey!
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that photo too! Very sweet! I'm hoping he is loving it and you're loving your one on one time with Addy!

    ReplyDelete

Let's go make something,

Kristy

Our Favorite Things