Thursday, May 26, 2011

Party Prep

Big party this weekend... trying to do as much handmade decor as I can... Trying mini- table top banners this time because the trees at the park this time make it "IMPOSSIBLE" to hang them according to my 6'4 hubby-lol.
I really water to use lunch sacks for the loot bags, but we will be having our first ever pinata so I figured the stronger canvas bags with handles would work better... thank goodness for Hobby Lobby's %50 off coupons... 12 bags for $3.50!!
So funny story... all those "how to stencil with freezer paper" tutorials I have been seeing and thought I would try... ya well, there is a difference between wax and freezer paper... as in one works and one doesn't-lol.
Started going a little crazy with the dots... I was told they are getting "too girly"
I like the simple ones better anyway! So far... 12 loot bags and two banners for around $6... not too shabby, huh?

2 comments:

  1. Great idea on the bags and thanks for the tip! I probably would have used the wrong one. Any tips on making a banner? I need to make one for Sophia's party. Any suggestions on which cricut machine to buy? I'm on a tight budget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin' it! You're so awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Let's go make something,

Kristy

Our Favorite Things