Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Organic Peanut Butter Balls

I know, I know... even with my fabric flower, doily, and cute plate... they don't look great. But trust me, they are really yummy! I remember making them growing up and have made them in the classroom before. Good news, these babies have 3g of protein and only 9 carbs! And the best part is that even 18 month old Addy helped! Organic No Bake PBBs 1/3 cup of organic chunky peanut butter 1/4 cup of organic honey (yum) 1/2 t vanilla extract 1/3 cup of nonfat drymilk powder (I didn't find any organic, but I bet Whole Foods would have some) 1/3 cup of organic quick-cooking oats 2 T of graham cracker crumbs (we smashed cookies!) Combine PB, honey, and vanilla into a bowl and stir. Add in everything else and give it a stir. Shape into 1-2 inch balls (or snakes like my kids did!) Lay them on wax paper and chill until serving.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm... sounds like Emily's lunch every day but in ball form. I bet they are fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet they are very yummy but I can't even tell you what they look like! Lets just say you could use them for a practical joke.

    ReplyDelete

Let's go make something,

Kristy

Our Favorite Things