Saturday, April 16, 2011

Scrappy Canvas Bag

I made the cutest canvas bag for my niece, Jolene.
She turns six this month! I got the bag pre-made from Hob Lob...
they have so many to choose from!
I hand appliqued her name and
this whimsy flower out of fabric scraps.
I added a button for the dot above the 'j'
and made a ruffle out of ribbon for the stem.
On the back is a little flower, too. Pretty cute, huh? I filled the bag with some great books every almost- first grader should have for the summer. One for her to read by herself, one to read with her parents, one chapter book for her parents to read to her, and then 'Down By The Bay" because she loves the song! Wow, seems like just yesterday she was 5 weeks old and I was baby sitting my first niece... and now she is six. Makes me wanna sing that song by Kenny Chesney... "Don't Blink"... ah-ha that would make a great scrapbook page!

7 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Your ideas & creativity are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bag is CUTE! And books are always great gifts. You're a cool aunt!
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Tricia... great summer library bag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE it! Sophia will take one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful, I envy you. Wish I still had the excitment to do crafts again. Keep up the wonderful work. Aunt Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how it turned out! I actually bought some canvas bags a few months ago intending to make some of these! Thanks for the inspiration and for linking up! :)

    ps. I am your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I get you to make a couple for me?? Super cute!
    Please message me at ncmears@yahoo.com

    Kindly,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Let's go make something,

Kristy

Our Favorite Things