Wednesday, April 6, 2011

New Family Favorite

On the first Saturday of the month,
the Fey boys head to The Home Depot for their Kids Workshop.
Mike made a Pirate Ship last time
(at home because we missed the actual workshop so bought a kit). When Adam came home and showed me the pictures,
I fell in love with all of them...
and lucky you get to see them. All.
The workshops are FREE and
this time they built a planter.
Really? How great is this?! Only men at The Home Depot need 3 hammers AND glue. Mike is so thinking... "Where is mom's glue gun, guys?"
Love this... my sister thinks the exact same way.
We have several pictures of her thinking with her tongue out!
Ummm... looking good!
What? Still, no glue gun?
Ta-Da! What a great job!
Then my sweet boys,
bought two pretty flowers for the planter
and brought it home to me!
Not sure which Fey was prouder that day...
Mike of a job well done,
Daddy of his handy little buddy,
or mommy for her great idea...
to send them off so she could shop for fabric (wink).

5 comments:

  1. That is so awesome that they have something like that. I hope they are still doing that severla years down the line when I decide to have kids and hopefvully have a boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute post! I love the goggles and Mikey looks like a pro with his little work apron on. Thank goodness Adam takes pics for you huh?? What a sweet guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great collection of pictures! Emily and Daddy are starting this soon. I always love seeing what the kids create and they always have a GREAT time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fantastic! I can't wait to do this with Atticus; I think we'll wait til he's closer to 4. Mikey looks like a pro! I love that last photo...he's so proud of himself!
    Tricia
    P.S. Home Depot visits Cook Children's once a month...the patients go down to the atrium and build away. It's quite a sight to behold: masks, IV poles, hospital gowns, and hammers flying. Quite touching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jay has taken Jane to the home depot craft days too and she loves it! I think it is so awesome that they do that- and for FREE! Good for you for getting some fabric shopping in! You guys are just the cutest family!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let's go make something,

Kristy

Our Favorite Things