Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What We Are Reading....

Mommy is reading...
Thanks to my dear friend Erin, I did not have to wait for paperback, as our library has a long waiting this for this one!
This is a great book. It is helping me with my OLW FAITH. The author, Debbie Alsdorf, is so real and down to earth... I am really enjoying this one and see myself pouring through it twice.
Daddy is reading...
He just finished this one and it is a life changer. Super easy read with a big impact!
He just started this one... yup, seems like a yawner to me! Mike is reading...
This Playmobile catalogue that refers to as "My Magazine", has become an obsession and is falling apart, so I thought we would try seeing what magazines he would like.
This one is pretty fun and have some standard articles he likes, like the I SPY page. It is also pretty affordable so we may get a subscription for this one.
This one is more expensive, but has a better variety... so we will see!
Addy is reading...

Aunt Kelly got Addy this sweet book for Christmas and it is a big hit. I have to admit most of Addy's books are really Mike's board books, so it is almost like she knows this 'feely' book is hers! Hmmm... I should video her reading this one for my teachers friends... she is already pre-reading and I am so loving it!

Tell us what you and your family are reading these days... we are always on the hunt for books!

4 comments:

  1. Love The Help! Enjoy! I am intrigued by a couple of your other books on here...
    Currently reading Angels and Demons - enjoying it but reading it REALLY slow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Help is one of my all time favorite books. I want to read it again. Enjoy!
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! Glad your package arrived safe and sound. I'm currently reading Atlas of Love recommended by Tricia. I think you'll like The Help. My problem with it was the ending. I thought I was going to get more closure and didn't. Just pass it on when you're done or keep it if you want.
    I love that you're whole family is reading. Russell is our hold out. I'm convinced it's because he had some bad reading experience as a kid with his mom or a teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, there! I just found your blog this morning through Nicky's Nifty Knacks. I don't go there often because I tend to get tunnel vision and read blogs all day when I do visit.
    I just wanted to let you know that you are precious and reading your blog is a joy. I love the way you express such an attitude of gratefulness.
    My husband has given me a room in the barn and fixed it up for what I am going to call my No-No room. LOL I was looking for something to call it other than the craft room (which seemed a little uninspired). I love coming here to your blog and feel like I'm having coffee with a friend. Keep blogging! I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Let's go make something,

Kristy

Our Favorite Things