Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Me at 36

So sometimes I look at myself and just see...
  • the forty pounds I still need to loose, little wrinkles around my eyes, and roots that need dying...
  • or the messy girl struggling with the balance of motherhood/creative goals/laundry/my old professional life...
  • 27 year old care free, no worries, life is perfect kid...
  • the HOLY crap I am forty (almost)old married, hurried, worried, stressed lady...
and the there is the...
in the moment girl (I like her best)...
  • maybe laundry is caught up/ maybe it is piled so high the bedroom door won't shut...
  • maybe she has showered/ maybe she just used her fantastic new dry shampoo...
  • maybe she will finish that cute project/ maybe she will put in a box and never look at it again....
but what she will do is...
  • play with her kids,
  • love on her husband,
  • pet her cats,
  • throw a ball to her dog,
  • call her mom,
  • text her sister (20 times),
  • check ALL her friends blogs and FB,
  • drink a cup of coffee slowly,
  • and thank God (20 times)
PS. Like my necklace... my bloggy friend Holly made it for me! I am thinking I will make one in red for valentine's day or one in navy for a soft grey sweater! Thanks, Holly!

4 comments:

  1. You look great... just keep doing what you're doing and cheers to a new year to live in the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Kristy Fey...I am speechless. I adore you more than I can say. Hugs, hugs, more hugs!
    Tricia
    P.S. You're going to surprise yourself when you see you're even better at 40!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Soul Sister! I personally think you are one amazing person! I too adore you and think the world of you. Happy New Year!

    And the necklace is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that necklace! Is there a tutorial for it?

    ReplyDelete

Let's go make something,

Kristy

Our Favorite Things