Thursday, December 23, 2010

Play Make Up

Thought I would share this fun gift idea for little girls... even though it is a little late for this year... it is a fun rainy day thing to do, too. My niece loves make-up... like her mommy. So I made this real-ish play makeup for her!
I bought a few eyeshadows, a blush, and a powder compact at the dollar store, along with a few bottles of nail polish.
I scraped the real make-up out... ya, that really was as fun as it sounds... then filled the empty spaces with nail polish.
Looks real, huh? I left it one the bathroom counter to dry and Adam picked it up and put it in my make-up bag-ha! Fooled him!
I also added a few other things every girl needs in her pink glitter dollar store make-up bag!

3 comments:

  1. That is AWESOME! I think I will even give Emily one when she is a teenager and asking for make-up! ;)
    PS Paul would NEVER, I mean never, pick up and put away something of mine on the counter. It might get old but it sounds heavenly to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! I found some pretend makeup similar to this that looks and feels real by Little Cosmetics. It is nontoxic and doesn't show up on skin. littlecosmeticsshop.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete

Let's go make something,

Kristy

Our Favorite Things