Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Gingerbread Man Obsession & Personality Test

Seems like my obsession with The Gingerbread Man will be passed down. Mine started in college with a small collection my Nana helped start. Then it pretty much went full force when I taught Pre-K and did a whole unit on him (which you could 14 years ago), and now I am having a blast with my own kids! We started with a book of course... I included the amazon links with the pics if you are intrested. This one is pretty traditional and fun. One of my favorites is The Gingerbread Baby by Jan Brett who has an excellent website with lots of fun ideas and printables... including a printable game, placemat, and a video on how to draw him!
And this little known version is always a big hit with kids!
I really wanted to get this one for us, but it was not in the cards... maybe next year! How fun is this... Gingerbread Pirates!
After a few nights of the stories we made our own gingerbread men. I used a pre-mix because as you can tell by Mike's face, we have all been pretty tired around here and I just did not think he would last through the mixing from scratch, rolling out, decorating, baking, and then decorating again-that is a long process!
Adelyn just loved it, which was a big surprise for me... I thought she would pass on this part, but she sure wanted in on it for sure!
All finished... I wish you could have seen Adam, Grandma, Billy, and kids standing around waiting for me to be done with the final touches so they could get the 'go for it' nod- pretty funny!
You may or may not know that how you eat your gingerbread man says a lot about your personality. There is a big study done by Dunkin' Donuts and they have concluded that....
If you eat the head first... you are achievement- oriented, a natural leader and won't take no for an answer.
If you go for the legs first... you are sensitive and enjoy being around others.
If you like to eat the right arm first... you are skeptical and pessimistic.
But if you bite the left arm first... you are creative and extroverted.
I love these kind of tests... but what if you eat the red hot buttons first like me?
Mike was a left arm first kinda guy... well on the first one anyway!

6 comments:

  1. How great! Sophia would love that. I think we might be doing this over break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It means you like to save the best for last? Emily is set to make some gingerbread men too but I better revisit some of our books first. The Jalapeno Man is a fun one too (especially read in a strong southern drawl)... Emily LOVES it!
    Your little guys look great by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't heard of the personality test fun! I have The Gingerbread Pirates. It was three bucks on the last bookorder. Why don't you just order it from Scholastic, I bet your old teacher user name and password still works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. The Gingerbread Girl is a great story! You have to check that one out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you ever hear of a song about a little boy pretending to be a gingerbread man? His parents chase him around the house at bed time to put his pj's on. It is a very cute song. A toy that my grandmother gave to my kids plays it and I can't find it on-line anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds cute, but I have not head of it.

    ReplyDelete

Let's go make something,

Kristy

Our Favorite Things