Friday, October 29, 2010

Black Bean Chicken Chili

By request, here is the Chicken Chili I made for Addy's Birthday. I found it in a Reader's Digest. They had an article about how good for you black beans are... and for me this is a low carb, low fat, yummy fall dinner! BLACK BEAN CHICKEN CHILI
3 or more boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 medium onion, chopped
2 or so table spoons of olive oil
4 or so cloves of minced garlic
2 T or so chili powder
1 t of coriander
2 t of cumin
1 green pepper chopped
1 yellow pepper chopped
1 can of corn, drained
1 can of black beans, not drained
1 can of kidney beans, not drained
2 cups of chicken broth
1 can roasted garlic tomato paste
(Everything I use is organic and trust me you can taste the difference.
Plus, it is a pretty inexpensive organic meal if you get
the chicken tenders and not the breasts or a whole chicken)
Saute chicken, onion , and garlic in oil until cooked and no longer pink. Add chili powder, cumin, and coriander; cook for three or so minutes. Add peppers, corn, beans, and broth to pot; bring to a low boil. Add tomato paste. Reduce heat and simmer. Note... my first time making this I just put it in the crock pot after I cooked the chicken. Worked great.

4 comments:

  1. That does look so good! Where do you buy most of your organic foods? I've found the veggies fairly inexpensively but not the fruit. I've heard Costco is good...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that we are here in San Antonio we have HEB stores that of course carry Central Market organics. When we were in Fort Worth we liked Whole Foods... my cousin the chef gets most, if not all produce from Costco. There is also a small farmers market in Bedford and one in Hurst.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Sounds like the perfect Fall meal!

    ReplyDelete

Let's go make something,

Kristy

Our Favorite Things