Friday, October 29, 2010

Black Bean Chicken Chili

By request, here is the Chicken Chili I made for Addy's Birthday. I found it in a Reader's Digest. They had an article about how good for you black beans are... and for me this is a low carb, low fat, yummy fall dinner! BLACK BEAN CHICKEN CHILI
3 or more boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 medium onion, chopped
2 or so table spoons of olive oil
4 or so cloves of minced garlic
2 T or so chili powder
1 t of coriander
2 t of cumin
1 green pepper chopped
1 yellow pepper chopped
1 can of corn, drained
1 can of black beans, not drained
1 can of kidney beans, not drained
2 cups of chicken broth
1 can roasted garlic tomato paste
(Everything I use is organic and trust me you can taste the difference.
Plus, it is a pretty inexpensive organic meal if you get
the chicken tenders and not the breasts or a whole chicken)
Saute chicken, onion , and garlic in oil until cooked and no longer pink. Add chili powder, cumin, and coriander; cook for three or so minutes. Add peppers, corn, beans, and broth to pot; bring to a low boil. Add tomato paste. Reduce heat and simmer. Note... my first time making this I just put it in the crock pot after I cooked the chicken. Worked great.

Let's go make something,

Kristy

Our Favorite Things