Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I'm Back!

I am not sure what is worse moving a family of four into our in laws house or suffering from bloggy withdraw? Needless to say things are looking up for us and bottom line (as you can see) my kids are happy little people! A quick update... Addy is 9 months today! She has two teeth and the strangest belly flop- elephant walk kinda crawl, but let me tell ya she works it! Mike has become quite the little fish... he goes under water, blows bubbles, kicks, and moves his arms... and we have not even started our swim lessons... he learned all that from a dog named 'Bossy' who also loves to swim! Adam LOVES his new job and seems to be more relaxed than ever. I can't keep him off the jet ski. Me? Well, I can't lie it has been really tough, but I have been cropping at a local scrap store, found a mommy group, and discovered Dave Ramsey. I still have to hone in onmy inner Pioneer Woman or call my mom for a pep talk, but I think this move is gonna work! (oh, and I have lost nine pounds!) Ok, now for a few projects I have done this past month aka my therapy sessions... 4th of July festive wear! Mikey got his usual appliqued t-shirt. This is the only picture of him because he was less than impressed with fire works.... I don't get it? We are currently checking out Christmas DVDs and just made a construction paper pumpkin, but fire works mean nothing??
Addy however, was Miss July all over. She stayed up late to watch everything and everyone and looked darn cute doing it!
Here is the front of her onesie. If you have not made a fabric yo-yo... promise me you will. They are so fun and simple. Check out this tutorial from a home town friend on her ever creative photography blog... Heart Spun Imagery.
And the back... my favorite! Her ruffle rump! Maybe I will do my own tutorial on this... I kinda just made it up as I went!
And since Addy is all over the place these days and it is too hot for real pants... I did it... I made her the ever bloggy favorite... baby legs!
Girls, I made three pair in thirty minutes and if you don't sew you can very easily do these by hand... check out this tutorial HERE.
I will add that I paid between $3.99 and $2.99 for my knee high socks... but they are still way cheaper than the real BabyLegs!
Go on girls... make something... you will feel better... trust me!

5 comments:

  1. OMG!!!! So good to have you back blogging away. I love that you're still able to find time to create even though you're busy with 2 very active kiddos. I love all of your creations...especially the yo-yo front of the onesie. And yes, I promise I will make one. I saw a cool quilt that was made entirely out of them. Seems like you're headed in the right direction with your scrapbooking store, playgroups, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Kristy!!! So glad to see you back again! I, Allison, will make a yo-yo someday. Also, baby legs... so easy and SOOO many options! I do the same thing to make "sleeves" for Emily. Perfectly perfect, I love them!
    Oh and... Addy is 9 months?! HOW??!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, Kristy Fey! Mikey looks like he's grown so much, and Addy has the cutest ruffley butt in town! AND...congrats on your weight loss!
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to see you back! I can't believe you've had time to craft after all that moving/unpacking/ etc... I checked out that tutorial on the yoyos - I am going to have to give it a try. I loved the 2 outfits for the kids - so sweet. And I have paid the $17 to get the baby legs - if I have another girl someday I will be on the lookout for cute knee socks!! Can't wait to see what else you are going to post!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YIKES! Wondered if we'd ever see these two red heads again in the blogosphere!! HOW SWEET IT IS TO HAVE Y'ALL BACK!! Keep up the good work of crafting and sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Let's go make something,

Kristy

Our Favorite Things