Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My New Best Friend

Meet my new BFF, Emily Giffin!... she even says so... in writing... ok, inside the cover of her new book... so maybe I told her what to write... but she knows me now... sort of... Last night, a two of my girlfriend and I took an "adventure" to Dallas... (darn Map quest!) where we meet one of our favorite chic lit authors (hope that doesn't offend her..."chic lit")
She is super funny and charming in person... not to mention beautiful... you can't help but like her... plus she passed out FLAIR... you can see them on her blog.
Her new book is about mommy friends- can't wait to start it! Emmmie (that's what I call her) writes with great wit, charm, and anything but typical story lines. Perfect for pool side (or bath tub) reading!
But if you have not been bitten by the EG bug.... start here with Something Borrowed.... it is gonna be a movie! With Kate Hudson and Ginnifer Goodwin (from Big Love and He is Just Not That Into You) LOVE HER!
And then the sequal that has great twists and turns! You might even surprise yourself with this one.
Then we headed over to PF Changs- yum! And we ate alot! My mission today (aside for getting a ticket dismissed, cleaning my bathroom, and buying a new computer) is to locate a great copy cat recipe for their Won-Ton Soup... I have one for their lettuce wraps... but too complicated for me! Thanks for the fun night girls!

8 comments:

  1. sounds like a fun night for all.
    hugs!
    aunt h

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is totally your new BFF - I mean, look at how close she pulled you in the picture. She is just as enamored with you as you are with her. Our fun evening is well represented in this post and so are her books. I KNEW I recognized Ginnifer Goodwin's name when she said it... I LOVE her too since I love Big Love... the show... not for my life. ;) Hope the ticket dismissal goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK TOTALLY jealous of you!!! OMG like seriously. I love Emily Griffin. Lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo much fun! Glad we went. Sorry we didn't bring snacks for the waiting line but the convo was great! And PF Changs was super yummy!Good luck with your ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like at great time was had by all! Let me know how you ticket dismisal goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you girls had a fantastic time! Can't wait to start her latest book!
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like fun!! Too bad it wasn't J.K. Rowling hahaha- just a little inside joke for you and Erin and Allison ;)

    You have made me want to read her book- but first I have to finish the daily five. Wow, you sure are trying to keep me busy this summer aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great time! I heard all about it from Allison - and I loved your pictures. I'm so happy you have a new best friend :) I didn't hear anything about a ticket though...sounds like a good part of the story :)!

    ReplyDelete

Let's go make something,

Kristy

Our Favorite Things