Saturday, April 10, 2010

Family Rules

For Christmas my mom gave me this fun frame. Right away I knew I wanted to do something fun and creative with it... meanwhile my Aunt Harriett gave me some super cute, whimsical scrapbook paper that I feel in love with, but had no clue what I could do with it. Low and behold, while soaking in the tub... it hit me! Family Rules!
Some are really rules we are pretty firm about and the others are more virtues or beliefs we want to pass on. Either way... I am pretty happy with the results!
PS. Mom, I am hanging it in the art nook in the back room living room. I think I like there... maybe I will keep it for for awhile.

15 comments:

  1. Great Idea Kristy, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so very cute. maybe i should take baths instead of showers so inspiration could strike me too.
    hugs!
    aunt h

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful, and a great way to keep those rules/beliefs out in the open where you can look at them often! Maybe it will help your kids get really good at following them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE this! Great vision, excellent execution. I give it a 10!
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome idea!!! How can they forget if they see it in writing. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the dry erase weekly calendar idea. How did you make the paper dry erase?

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did you make this? Awesome idea!!!
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  8. The frame came from Wal-mart for around $10. I cute scrapbook paper 4x6 for each frame. I used a variety of letter stickers to make the rules.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kristy- do you just write on the glass and erase? I love this idea - wondering how you dry erase this though unless its the glass?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kari, I used stickers on the scrapbook paper to name our rules... however, yes, you can use dry erase markers to write on glass and mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just wanted to say, I gave you some love today at my blog:

    http://www.feellovdeveryday.blogspot.com/2012/01/what-i-made-wednesday-family-rules_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would have NEVER thought of this but not i plan to have at least 2! LOVE IT!!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do you mind if we steal your idea?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am going to make this for my twin daughters that are going to college for their room!!!!! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm using this as a daily homework assignment/announcement board in my classroom! I love anything that helps with organization but still looks extremely cute! Love this!

    ReplyDelete

Let's go make something,

Kristy

Our Favorite Things