Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Smell of Christmas

This simmering potpourri will have your whole house filled with the smell of Christmas. It is better than any candle! This recipe comes from my Aunt Harriett... if you knew her you would be so intrigued because she doesn't cook... ironically this in not edible, but something very worth sharing.
Christmas Comfort
Simmering Potpourri
3 cups of water
4 T Vanilla (you don't have to use your good stuff)
3 T Cinnamon
2-3 Cinnamon Sticks
Dried Orange Peel
Combine in a sauce pan or kettle. Let simmer on low.
A few notes:
  • The kettle works better, but I can't find mine.
  • I keep this for a few days and just add water to it.
  • I did not have any oranges so I added a orange spice tea bag.

7 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try this. Sounds like it would smell yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making this... but I don't put quite as much in mine. I totally keep it and just add water too. So great this time of year!!
    ~Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's simering away on my stove too!
    hugs,
    aunt h

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to try this! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love all the lovely ingredients

    ReplyDelete
  6. can this be done in a small crock pot?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds great will have to try it Aunt Harriette...

    ReplyDelete

Let's go make something,

Kristy

Our Favorite Things