Monday, December 6, 2010

Dollar Store Count Down

I had been thinking about making a count down for Mike to practice writing his numbers and had a brand new bottle of chalkboard paint burning a hole in my creative pocket, thus our simple dollar store count down was born!
I love these oval pieces of wood from the dollar tree. They just scream "make me cute" every time I walk by.
Dollar tree also had this fun trim and I had extra stickers, and scrap paper. I wanted to try this technique for the letters... you paint a base coat of the color you want your words to be, put stickers for your title, then paint over them, peel them off, and presto... I have seen girls do this with their subway art projects.
I hot glued magnets to the back of the board. Wrapped the jumbo chalk with paper and put a magnet on that, too. This count down will make it's home on our fridge.
Adelyn really likes it... funny how mommy wasn't even thinking of her this time. Hmmm... she needs something fun to write on.... maybe my next project!
Making

3 comments:

Let's go make something,

Kristy

Our Favorite Things