Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Deceptively Delicious

So I have had this cookbook for over two years and never used it,
because Mike has no problems eating veggies.
However, with our new...
organic-healthy-extra veggies-non diet-life style change
... I broke it out and have been trying a few new recipes.
These are the best muffins I have ever made
and would you believe they are made with
apple sauce and carrot puree.
No white sugar, just 1/4 C of brown sugar.
And then homemade chicken nuggets with sweet potato puree
and the worlds most fabulous home made mac-n-cheese...
well, the mac was supposed to have cauliflower puree in it
but mine was too frozen to add it in... next time!
If you don't have this book- it is a good one to get or give as a gift.
I have recently seen them at 1/2 Price Books.

5 comments:

  1. I know of so many people who use this book and some like it and others don't. I think it is time for me to check it out for myself! I wish I could serve a plate like that and have Emily eat it all up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw your title the first thing I was going to say was how good their muffins were!! We LOVE them! I have made quite a few things that we really like ...I'm glad you guys have enjoyed it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't try the brownie recipe. After trying that one, I gave my copy away to my sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to mention. I bought this book when I was pregnant for me so I could squeeze in veggies. I myself am a picky eater, epsecially when it comes to veggies. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this book. I bought it as a gift for my SIL and now I want a copy. Good job, Mama! :) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Let's go make something,

Kristy

Our Favorite Things